Welcome to Mountain Class
Curriculum Information for Autumn 2019
Site under maintainance. Please check back soon.
NOTE: Weekly (sent out Friday, expected in the following Thursday) or Daily.
- Mathletics task (weekly)
- Children will be expected to read daily.
Primary Homework Guidelines
Year 1 & 2(Age 5-7)
- Reading, spelling, other literacy work and number work (1 hour a week)
Year 3 & 4(Age 7-9)
- Literacy and numeracy work and occasional assignments in other subjects (1.5 hours a week)
Year 5 & 6 (Age 9-11)
- Regular weekly schedule with continued emphasis on literacy and numeracy but also ranging widely over the curriculum (30 minutes a day)
How you can help
- Please ensure your child comes to school wearing the appropriate PE kit on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
- Label all clothes clearly.
- Ensure that your child does the set homework each week.
- Monitor the amount of time your child spends reading
- Support your child with tables and spellings
- Speak to the class teacher if you have any concerns
- Discuss your child’s learning targets
- Encourage your child to take responsibility for their homework and learning.