Welcome to Ocean Class
Curriculum Information for Autumn 2019
Site under maintainance. Check back soon!
All homework is sent out on Friday and to be returned by the following Thursday.
New spellings and times tables are included in the homework. We will do timetables and spellings tests in class.
Additionally, children are expected to read for a minimum of 15 minutes each evening.
Primary Homework Guidelines
Year 1 & 2(Age 5-7)
- Reading, spelling, other literacy work and number work (1 hour a week)
Year 3 & 4(Age 7-9)
- Literacy and numeracy work and occasional assignments in other subjects (1.5 hours a week)
Year 5 & 6 (Age 9-11)
- Regular weekly schedule with continued emphasis on literacy and numeracy but also ranging widely over the curriculum (30 minutes a day)
How you can help
- Please ensure your child has the appropriate PE kit in school every day.
- Label all clothes clearly.
- Ensure that your child does the set homework each week.
- Monitor the amount of time your child spends reading
- Support your child with tables and spellings
- Speak to the class teacher if you have any concerns
- Discuss your child’s learning targets
- Encourage your child to take responsibility for their homework and learning.