Pilling St John’s CE Primary School
Collection From School Policy
COLLECTION FROM SCHOOL POLICY
Updated May 2018
- Class teachers are responsible for the orderly dismissal of pupils from their classrooms
- Class teachers must be sure that pupils’ leaving arrangements are SAFE
- Class teachers will not allow children to leave with unknown persons, or other parents without prior knowledge of the arrangement
- Parents who wish to have their children collected by older children at another school or college (up to the age of 18 must let school know in writing). Please note this extends to children being collected to walk to the front of school to meet parents in cars
- Children will only be allowed to walk home alone with written permission from parents
- Where changes to a child’s normal pattern of home time occurs, the school expects to be informed by the parent on or before the day
- Parents will drop off / collect children (or arrange for this to happen) punctually
- Children not collected punctually will be placed in After School Club and parents contacted to inform them that their child is safe and there is no need to rush to collect as After School Club is available until 5.30pm. (You will however be charged)
- Please note the expectation is that parents collect on time unless there is an extenuating circumstance. Late collection is monitored.
- If parents, contact school to inform school they have been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances such as traffic jams etc. their child /ren will be placed in After School Club and kept safe until they arrive and there is no need to rush as After School Club is available until 5.30pm. Charges may still apply depending on the circumstances.