Pilling St John’s CE Primary School
Pupil Premium Allocation 2018-9
The Pupil Premium is funding in addition to the school’s budget. Schools are free to decide how to allocate this funding to best support the raising of attainment for those pupils in receipt of free school meals.
We currently have 20 children eligible for additional funding and expect to receive £19800 between 2018 and 2019
Funding has been allocated in the following ways
• Enable children in Y6 to access a residential opportunity by paying 50% of the costs. This will ensure all children have access to the opportunities such an experience offers such as strengthening resilience, independence and problem-solving skills.
• Maintain a discretionary amount to support children to access trips to deepen their curricular experiences and engagement in learning
• Maintain a discretionary figure to enable children to access a
Homework Club to complete homework
• Increase staffing in EYFS so that the children entering school are given high quality learning experiences to develop their language and Personal and Social skills
• Increase support staffing throughout school that can be utilised for ensuring that children can be given extra support in their learning.
• Ensure key support staff are given training in social skills development that will help children improve their well-being and attitude to learning.