School Meals, Milk and Toast Information
Universal Free School Meals – In Reception, Year 1 or Year 2:
If your child is starting reception, year one or year two in September 2022 you do not need to apply for free school meals. Just contact your child’s primary school to check what they need to do to get their free meals. Their free school meals will stop at the end of year two, unless you receive qualifying benefits.
Could you get Free school meals?
Click on this link to see if you qualify:
Menu September 2022
For those who pay for school meals we use a ‘top up’ system on Parentmail. Each meal currently costs £2.40 per day.
Please get in touch with the Office if you wish your child to receive a School Meal.
ParentMail requires your child’s ‘Dinner’ account to be in credit by at least one lunch (£2.40).
- Process – A daily dinner register is taken in school, this in turn generates an increasing amount which becomes your child’s “Dinners Balance”.
- If you owe money it will appear in red – a negative balance. This will increase each time your child has a dinner.
- The app will keep reminding you to ‘top up’ your account, until you are at least in £2.40 credit.
- You can top up for the week, month or term! You can select any amount from £2.40 upwards.
- Your ‘moving’ balance will then remain GREEN……. and better still you won’t keep getting reminded to Top Up!
If your child forgets his/her lunch and has a school lunch they will be added to the register and you will receive a reminder to pay for the lunch. If this is a one off your child will be removed from the register, you will then be removed from the reminder system.
Please note all pupils choices are ordered on a weekly basis.
Please ensure good communication to the office. We only allow changes to meal patterns at the beginning of a 1/2 term.
For information about how Lancashire Catering Services cater for children with allergies, please see the policy below. Please ensure that you have communicated your child's allergies to school and have completed an allergy plan with Mrs Hill.
Parents need to register their child with Cool Milk.
If you wish your child to have school milk you must register and pay. School receive weekly notification of children eligible to receive milk in school. This is based on children registered and paid by Tuesday each week.
Toast is offered to children in Years 1-6. A charge is put on Parentmail at the end of a 1/2 term ready for the following term. Toast is charged at £1 per week.