Star Class – EYFS
Welcome to Star Class!
The Early Years Foundation Stage
Nursery, Pre-School and Reception
Welcome to Star Class!
Life in Star Class is fun and filled with exciting learning. Children learn through our stimulating indoor and outdoor environment including a wide range of activities and provision that are planned and delivered by caring teachers and support staff.
Every child is known as an individual. We work in close partnership with parents and carers to make sure that each child is happy, safe and learning as much as they can.
In Star Class we review and assess our practice to provide exciting learning opportunities and experiences within a broad and balanced curriculum. We are passionate about promoting self-motivated learners who love the challenge and adventure of learning.
Our school has developed an excellent Early Years Foundation Stage where child led learning is balanced with focused learning challenges. This enables every child of every age and stage of development to engage and make progress. This instills positive attitudes towards learning, building confidence and resilience where children’s natural instincts to discover and explore are celebrated and independence is encouraged.
Our curriculum is carefully planned in line with the EYFS Statutory Framework and is based on what we know engages our children, is relevant to their lives and exposes them to the arts, sport, adventure, creativity and challenge. Our aims are to:
• support children to make a planned, confident transition from home to school
• provide a happy, caring, safe and secure environment for learning
• plan learning experiences that meet the individual needs and interests of the children through a balanced provision of adult led and child initiated opportunities
• support children to become competent and confident learners so they are able to reach their full potential
• provide a broad and balanced high quality curriculum in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage guidance
• foster positive home school links with parents and other care providers.
We follow The Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum 2021. This framework is a means of ensuring high standards of early education and care that will reassure parents that their child’s development is being fully supported. It underpins all future learning by supporting and fostering the children’s personal, social and emotional wellbeing. It encourages positive attitudes and dispositions towards learning in the children and promotes learning through play.
At the end of your child’s learning journey in Star Class they will be assessed against the Early Learning Goals in each area of learning. There are seven areas of learning -three prime areas, that underpin all life-long learning, and four specific areas. Further information regarding the curriculum can be found by following the links below.